Thursday, September 13, 2007

Welcome to Magic Business

Hello everyone, my name is Thomas (the lion) Dugas, and I’d like to welcome you to my magic business blog.

First, some background on me:

  • I have a business degree.
  • I’ve spent my career managing marketing campaigns for everything from small organisations to Fortune 500 companies.
  • I’ve produced more over $2,000,000 in new business for one of my clients.

And it all started with a close-up pad and a thumb tip.

Like you, I once was a struggling magician trying to create a name for myself. It took a lot of time and effort, but I eventually made it. In fact, I used magic to support myself while I was in college.

Having successfully started my first company, I fell in love with business. And since then, I’ve been working in sales and marketing.

It’s been 5 years since I’ve picked up a wand. And now I return with a fresh perspective. I keep meeting young magicians with so much opportunity. But they lack the basic tools needed to fully unlock the potential.

This is my chance to give back to the art that’s given me so much. (Single tear rolls down cheek)

This isn’t going to be like any other magic blog. It’ll deal mainly with professionalism, and hard work , and all the stuff performers don’t want to hear about. In fact, I expect this to be the most unpopular blog in the magic community.

Having said that, I’d like to officially announce the grand opening of Magic Business. I’m always looking for new topics. So if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment. I’ll be more than happy to answer.

No comments: